Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default 5 amp fuse in Carrier heat pump blows

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Over sizing the fuse allows the board to below instead of the fuse. What
shame.

Below?

;-]

(I know what you mean)

I went on a call one time because the customer's heat pump stopped
working and he smelled smoke. When I got there, the board was fried. He
swore he didn't touch it, but laying on the floor beside the air handler
was two empty cases od car fuses. You know. The "multi-packs" that have a
3, 5, 10, 15, and a 35 amp fuse in them? Well, I guess he ran out of the
5 amp ones and tried all the others. The one still in the board didn't
have a rating and I was not sure of the brand, but the common name for
the "fuse" is a paper clip.

"I never touched it"

Yeah, right......

Hmmm,
Voluteer fuse brigade must have come for the guy's aid.

Grandpa wore his suit to dinner
Nearly every day
No particular reason
He just dressed that way