Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default 5 amp fuse in Carrier heat pump blows

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Over sizing the fuse allows the board to below instead of the fuse. What a
shame.

Below?

;-]

(I know what you mean)

I went on a call one time because the customer's heat pump stopped working
and he smelled smoke. When I got there, the board was fried. He swore he
didn't touch it, but laying on the floor beside the air handler was two
empty cases od car fuses. You know. The "multi-packs" that have a 3, 5, 10,
15, and a 35 amp fuse in them? Well, I guess he ran out of the 5 amp ones
and tried all the others. The one still in the board didn't have a rating
and I was not sure of the brand, but the common name for the "fuse" is a
paper clip.

"I never touched it"

Yeah, right......

Hmmm,
Voluteer fuse brigade must have come for the guy's aid.