Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default 5 amp fuse in Carrier heat pump blows

Not sure what you mean "ring the wires". What are you doing?

Since the board blows fuses, aparently something is short circuit, some
where. with some knowledge of wiring, you ought to be able to isolate some
wires, and test for shorting.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"brobinson48" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had to replace my circuit board due to it being fried. I determined
the reason it got fried was due to it having a 10 amp fuse installed
instead of a 5 amp. I labeled all the wires as I removed them from the
board just to make sure not to get the crossed in the reinstalling. Now
the 5amp fuse on the ICB in the air handler blows as soon as I apply
power. I have tried to ring the wires but I really do not know which
wires should ring to each other or if none should ring together at all.
Any one have any advice?