Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

Default Do You Lube It Before U Screw ??

I use beeswax too, but it was a PITA to have to melt it
all the time. I figured out that if I added some Mineral
Spirits to the melted wax, then let it cool, I'd never need
to melt it again. It doesn't take much MS so add just a
little then cool. If it's too stiff, keep reheating & adding
a bit more till you're happy with it. Mine is about the
consistency of room temp (70 degrees) butter.

This mixture also works just great on my boots instead
of buying the pricey SnowSeal.

Art

"AAvK" wrote in message news:9LcJf.15810$eR.8800@fed1read03...
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/index.htm

You got a local farmer's market? Buy some beeswax from the honey seller
and dip the screws in when it's hot melted.

Pretty great website, for what you can do and what you have done, that ought
to teach folks about budget and all possibilities. It doesn't take much, well
done.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com