Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Warner

Default Where could I buy bulk amounts of a single size of hex wrenches ?

"Robin S." wrote:

Bondhus and Unbrako tend to last the longest at work, Eklind are alrightbut
not great. I can't imagine a hex key from H/F would be very enjoyable to
use. Twisting, coming out of screws under force, breaking, buggering the
screw, etc.

Back in the days when 80 meg disk drives cost $15000 and weighed 500
lbs, I had to loosen a lot of very tight 3/16 countersunk allens.
They ate up my Xcelite wrencnes after a few applications. Then I
bought a snap-on kit, and, after several hundred more of those screws,
using a cheater bar, coming loose with a loud crack every time, the
wrench only shows a light burnishing of the tip,,

I suspect a HF item wouuld have twisted into a pretzel before the
screw budged.
--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.