Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Silverline" tools - any good?

Cicero wrote:

As title. Are these tools of reasonable DIY quality?

errr generally you would probably get better quality for less at the
pound shop. The only thing probably worth buying are the hardwood
bodied hand wood working tools like the bevel as the closest quality in
that price range , is a 3 times as much.... so I've been told.

Another case of milegae varying I guess. I've always found silverline
to be good for the job, consistently ok, cheap but no junk. Much better
than poundland stuff, a significant %age of which is no use for serious
work, and more of which works but has some issue or other. Silverline
is basic but I've yet to be let down by any of it.

NT