Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Silverline" tools - any good?

wrote:
Cicero wrote:

As title. Are these tools of reasonable DIY quality?

If youre talking handtools rather than power, theyre fine yes, about at
the bottom end of what is good enough for real work, and very cheap.
IOW basic but good enough, no monkey metal etc.

Havent used their power tools.

Specifically interested in this item:
http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/silv...product/633619
for weed / bramble burning.

Any experiences of this tool very welcome.

I've never had much joy from weedburners myself, woudlnt buy one - if
thats what the link is. Why you cant write what it is I dont know. Its
a strange fashion, and always ensures you get less feedback.

NT

errr generally you would probably get better quality for less at the
pound shop. The only thing probably worth buying are the hardwood
bodied hand wood working tools like the bevel as the closest quality in
that price range , is a 3 times as much.... so I've been told.