WasteNotWantNot

Default E-mail from Microsoft

Rager wrote in message ...
"D" dwrate@interbaundotc0m wrote in
:

I received an e-mail today from Microsoft. The subject is
"Newest Internet Security Upgrade" It has an attachment that
Outlook Express removed as it was/is an executable called
"installation 232.exe" The e-mail certainly looks authentic, so
I checked The Microsoft site and lo and behold there is a
section on how to tell if an e-mail is legitimate. There is an
actual example of a hoax and shocking enough it looks just like
the email I received....

So beware there seems to be something new out there...

Pay attention to any mail from eBay as well. There's a few versions
of spoofs going around.

One even takes you to a genuine looking secure eBay page, and then
asks you to put information into a popup page. Bad gimshe.

WTH
Look at that post. "I received an e-mail from Microsoft today." She
still believes it!¿
People must live under rocks or something not to be aware of this
stuff, which has been going on for years. Gullible people just invite
more scams, spams, and hackers. I guess the old pigeon drop still
works too so I should not be surprised.