Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Programmable Thermostat ****ing me off

Al Moran wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:03:09 -0600, wrote:

I have a INDIGLO programmable thermostat. It worked ok when I was
gone during the day at work, but I am now retired and that thing is
really ****ing me off. I bet I go to that thing 30 times a day to
increase the heat. I set the heat to maybe 65, and an hour later its
back t 60 again. I turn it up, an hour later it's 60 again. This is
reduculous.

Does anyone know if there is a way to override these things?
Otherwise I am going to just get rid of it and get a regular
thermostat. One would think that when I raise the heat to 65 it would
stay that way until the next daily change. In other words, I had it
set to go to 55 during the day when I was at work, and change to 65
shortly before I returned home. But somehow this thing decided to set
itself to always default to 60, and everytime i raise it, it heats to
whatever I set it to, then once it heats that ONE TIME, it goes back
to 60. We are having a cold spell, and I have not been feeling well
and staying in bed, but I got to keep getting out of bed to raise the
heat every hour. This thing is really ****ing me off.

Can they be made to work as a regular thermostat (stay at the temp I
turn it to), or do I need to replace it?

Mark

If you are running it in program mode this is what it is supposed to
do. You can either program it to maintain the temp for longer while in
program mode or just put it in hold mode. While in hold mode it will
not return to 60 if working properly.

What he's claiming is that when he overides it, it goes back to 60
sometime later BEFORE the next program change should occur. At least,
that's what I think he's saying.

And when recently looking for a thermostat, I looked as some manuals
online. I recall reading in one of them a description, that while
confusing, and not making a lot of sense to me, seemed to say if
overidden, it would only hold that temp for a certain period of time or
until the next program change, whichever came first. I moved on to
the next thermo, cause that made no sense to me!