Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Starrin

Default Programmable Thermostat ****ing me off

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:03:09 -0600, wrote:

I have a INDIGLO programmable thermostat. It worked ok when I was
gone during the day at work, but I am now retired and that thing is
really ****ing me off.
Can they be made to work as a regular thermostat (stay at the temp I
turn it to), or do I need to replace it?

First of all, it sounds like it is working like it is supposed to, or
rather like it is programmed to. You are attempting to override the
t-stat and apparently not doing it the way the t-stat demands.
Now, w/o knowing what maker, model, etc it is, it is almost impossible
to find something to help you reprogram it. E.G. I have a Trane
programmable t-stat made for them by Honeywell. It has an "indiglo'
feature, but it is not an Indiglo Thermostat.
Here is one large maker of t-stats with an indiglo featu
http://www.supco.com/images/CTC%20Thermostats.pdf
Their site address is on the page. Send them an email, or call them
up, if your model is among those listed. They maybe can help you over
the phone, or you might be able to access the specific instructions
for your model over the internet.
Or, you can call your local installer.
Or you can tell us what the make and model is and maybe we can help.
Hope you are feeling better soon!!!