Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused

Default Do You Lube It Before U Screw ??

tom wrote:
Don Dando wrote: In hardwoods I use bar soap,snip
Maybe you
should check the archives on the soap issue! (it'll probably be
allright, though.) Tom

Many, many moons ago (easily 20 years) I read a tip in one of the
various WW magazines around at the time that recommended the wax ring
for a toilet flange. Pretty sure it's beeswax.

They recommended, IIRC, just leave it out on a block of wood, jab the
screw tip into it and away you go.

I took it one better, melted it down in either the microwave or a double
boiler and poured it into a smallish jar with a screw cap (a small Vita
creamed herring jar, if you must knowg). Still have plenty left and
it stays clean and doesn't pick up the crap flying around in the shop.