Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Solving high pitch noise from dimmer.

spudnuty wrote:
Art wrote:
Good Info Chris: Been enduring the ringing -both ears - for longer

that I
can remember, plus the hypertussis thing which aggravates hearing

one
specific person when in a group, or in lots of ambient noises.
On the right track with more expensive light bulbs to minimize

the
resonance.
The White noise generators do help, to do a test, just use an AM

radio,
tuned off station to static, adjust for comfortable volume

setting.
"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sam Nickaby wrote:
I'd been having a hard time sleeping because the dimmer I use

on a
lamp for a night light whistles or makes a very high pitch,

continuous
noise like a Cicada. I then move the dimmer to another location

but
the sound is still there. When I face the wall during sleep the

sound
gets
louder. I have tinnitus so it's very hard to distinguish the

two sounds
until I sleep with ear muffs. I will get rid of this problem

but I
haven't
found a solution since I lack sleep and not in my right mind.

What are
some repair solution or products I can use to dim night lights?

snip

Variac. Superb fade up/down.
GG