Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tonyp

Default Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

"Ed Huntress" wrote

The only reason to keep this quiet was to make sure
all of the political bases were covered.
My guess is that there was more buzzing going on between
Washington and the hunt than a hive full of angry bees.

I think your first idea is right. _Something_ needed to be covered up, and
my guess is that it was something totally _unrelated_ to guns or booze.
Like, maybe, the complete roster of the hunting party. I've heard of
Chenney, his victim, and a former ambassador to Switzerland. Was someone
else there? Maybe someone whose presence, if publicized, would be even
_more_ politically embarassing than Deadeye Dick's rimshot?

Your second notion may be right, too. But if the story _is_ as
plain-vanilla as we've been told, it seems all too likely that Dick's
delusions of adequacy simply outweighed his respect for the Constitutional
pecking order. Cheney has always considered himself Dubya's minder, and a
little hunting accident wasn't going to change that.

-- TP