Posted to alt.home.repair
brobinson48

Default 5 amp fuse in Carrier heat pump blows

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"hvactech2" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:48:41 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

brobinson48 wrote:
I had to replace my circuit board due to it being fried. I determined
the reason it got fried was due to it having a 10 amp fuse installed
instead of a 5 amp. I labeled all the wires as I removed them from
the board just to make sure not to get the crossed in the
reinstalling. Now the 5amp fuse on the ICB in the air handler blows
as soon as I apply power. I have tried to ring the wires but I really
do not know which wires should ring to each other or if none should
ring together at all. Any one have any advice?

I want to know what the outcome is on this once the OP gets it repaired, but
I'll bet if you take the wires off the terminal block and test each one
individually with an ohm meter, the white wire going to the outdoor unit
will show continuity to ground......

Thanks for all the advice. But the winner this round is Dr. Hardcrab.
The white wire was ring to ground. Checked the outside unit and the
insulation was just rub off enought to short it. Thanks Again.