Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

"Gus" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

I won't mention any names, but some of them were even Democrats.

Let's see if we can now deflect attention from the fact that our current
veep, Vice President Strangelove, is probably the most bizarre freak

we've
had in that office in a generation.

As a former NRA Safe Hunter instructor, an NRA- and NY State-certified

rifle
instructor, a hunter for 46 years, and a former DCM range officer, I

have an
opinion about hunting accidents that involve shooting somebody who is
*behind* you. What's your opinion, Steve?

FWIW, most of the time -- not always, but most of the time -- a guy who
shoots somebody in a hunting accident is a boob and a ****-up. This

sounds
like one of those to me. They probably do their quail hunting a little
differently down South but I don't think that shooting your hunting

partner
is part of the routine, is it?

--
Ed Huntress

As a former Marine pistol range instructor, I agree that Mr. Cheney
shouldn't be using a weapon without additional hunter safety training.

Oh, c'mon. That's one old dog. Don't count on him learning new tricks.

It's the "Vice President Strangelove" and "bizarre freak" part that I
don't get.

When he spoke in that soft, reassuring voice about how the Iraqis are going
to treat us as liberators, I thought I was listening to HAL in "2001." ("I'm
sorry, Dave, but I can't do that." g)

"Vice President Strangelove" is a quip from Maureen Dowd. She really loves
the guy...

If you watch Cheney in his interview performances, it's hard not to think of
Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove, with his calm, reasonable demeanor, with
his right hand popping up in a "Heil, Hitler" salute and Sellers having to
beat the hand with his other hand to get it down. Under his low-key
exterior, I'm just waiting for Cheney to snap. Maybe he'll jump the couch.

Sounds like something out of a Michael Moore movie.
GW

I wouldn't know, I've never seen a Michael Moore movie. How many Michael
Moore movies have you watched?

--
Ed Huntress