Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Pewitt

Default Ubuntu Live CD

Mine won't pick up my U.S. Robotics modem. Doesn't load the comm
drivers and has no dialer for my dial up connection. Rig is a Pentium
4, 1.4 meghz, 256 megs of fast ram, 30 gig HD running XP Hone edition.
It gets my Turtle Beach sound card, my video card, both the DVD RW and
the CD RW, even my card reader on the ISB for my camera. You'd think
the modem was common enough to be recognized.
73 Gary

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:24:03 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

It's Christmas in February!

The Ubuntu CD arrived today.

I dropped the Ubuntu Live CD in the drive and -
low and behold - It Works!

I'll have some serious playing-with-it-time before
I really know what I'm doing, but my first impression is
"So Long, Mr. Gates!"

Gunner (if you are still with us), Thanks Bud!

Richard

Gary Pewitt N9ZSV
Sturgeon's Law "Ninety per cent of everything is crap"