Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Battery-powered LED motion-sensing night light - any in UK?

Ian Stirling formulated the question :
dskeeles wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a night-light for our bathroom, to avoid switching on
the main light with a clunk and the fan during the night.

Why do you want motion sensing?

Personally, I don't find 1LED worth of light disturbing, but it's quite
enough to reach "not falling over stuff" levels of light.

I don't think you would find one battery powered, because the current
demands for the motion sensor will be quite high - probably almost as
high as the LED light itself.

Nor would it be sensible to expect a small battery to maintain an LED
lit during continuous use. Could you not have an LED switched on by the
closure of the bathroom door and arrange for the door to be left
slightly ajar at all other times?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)