Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Bruder

Default Guess the cause of the accident?

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:41:31 -0800, Don Bruder wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

It pretty much all pales in comparison to PTO accidents and fire
victims.

UGH... PTO accidents are scary in a big way. They generally seem to
require a mop, sponge, squeegee, and about 30 pounds of kitty-litter to
"recover" the victim.

yeah. In this case, the farmer was an hour late coming in for lunch.
Tractor was still running when I got there. All I could do for the guy,
was to turn off the tractor and try to deal with the family members.

Yeah, that matches almost every one of them I've either witnessed or
heard about.

I narrowly escaped the full effects of one myself a few years ago when
(apparently, based on what was found when things were deconstructed) a
previously un-noticed horse tail hair caught in the cuff-button of my
jacket sleeve got grabbed by a rough spot on the bell-end of the PTO
shaft guard,

(Snip)

Damn lucky you're alive. Good thing the sleeve let go (to put it
mildly).

Since then, you better believe I don't wear anything with sleeves if I
have to be anywhere near a live PTO shaft, and screw the sunburn/cold
that might be involved! "Once bitten, twice shy" might be an old cliche,
but lemme tell ya what, it's *ABSOLUTELY* true. It only takes getting
sucked off a tractor seat once for me to figure out that there's no such
thing as a safe PTO shaft!

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info