Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default 5 amp fuse in Carrier heat pump blows

brobinson48 wrote:
I had to replace my circuit board due to it being fried. I determined
the reason it got fried was due to it having a 10 amp fuse installed
instead of a 5 amp. I labeled all the wires as I removed them from
the board just to make sure not to get the crossed in the
reinstalling. Now the 5amp fuse on the ICB in the air handler blows
as soon as I apply power. I have tried to ring the wires but I really
do not know which wires should ring to each other or if none should
ring together at all. Any one have any advice?

What was the specified fuse size? If it was 5 amps and now it is
blowing 5 amp fuses, then there is something wrong down stream from the
fuses. Hard to tell from here what that might be. What all runs off that
fuse? Does it include some sort of motor. Maybe that motor is drawing more
current than it should.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit