Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electric Shock ?

Hi Good morning members, I'm curious to know if a circuit without earth
connect to the ac main, how to reduce noise from the circuit, like the
dvd or hifi player ? thanks
Mr Fixit wrote:
"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
. ..
Just Another Theremin Fan wrote:
It is a FACT that capacitors DO sometimes go short circuit and although
it is some time since I worked on domestic equipment I simply cannot
see a such potentially dangerous practise as caps' directly connected
external metalwork from the mains getting past the design stage.

I will check latest spec' and get back....

Any mains input filter I have ever seen, contains those
capacitors,and all computers and periferal equipment
have them . If they would not have them, they could
never pass the high frequency leak rules, and your
mains wiring would turn into nice transmitting arials
so that all radios and tv's in the neighbourhood would
become useless.
Those filters look like a nice solid block,but inside
are some blocking ferrite coils and decoupling
capaciters to ground.
And you should not use any hardware without a ground
connection, it stops radiating interference, and without
the ground connection you can blow your hardware when
connecting a cable between them,even if they are switched
off(when signalwire makes contact before the groundwire).

I think you need to do some investigations into this as none of my HiFi TV
DVD CD's or VCR's has an earth connection as its all connected via 2 core
mains cables?????? and this is how it was designed to work from the
manufacturers

It also stops you from feeling tingling (or worse).
As for the capacitor going shortcicuit, as long as you
are using ground, it will safely blow the fuse or
the leak protection.