Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.models.rc.air
pcoopy

Default Glues and Their Proper Storage

SoCalMike wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

- Super glue
With super glue, I use it once and when I come back later to use it
again the tube has hardened.

i remember when superglue was expensive. now it can be bought at the 99
cent store.

FWIW, there are 3 different packaging methods for it.

the "original" is in a plastic tube-thingie with a pin/cap to pierce
it.that works ok.

then theres the mini-bottle, which is hit and miss.

mini foil tubes are the worst, they always dry up.

I found that with polyurethane glues the scum which forms on the
surface can't be avoided but if you store the containers inverted then
the scum won't clog up the nozzle. Refrigerating CA thin works well
as I have been refilling the little bottles out of an 8oz bottle that
I bought over three year ago.

Phil AMA609