Posted to alt.home.repair
tenplay

Default Fixed!!

mm wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:16:28 -0800, tenplay wrote:

Our kitchen sink has a garbage disposal that is stuck or not working.
It is an InSinkErator Badger 5 model. My wife says that a service rep
who came out the last time it malfunctioned said that all he had to do
was press a reset button. But I cannot locate it. Can anyone instruct
me? Thanks.

It's little, red, and I think it is on the bottom of the unit. Only
2mm iirc. If you don't have any other mirror, your wife probably has
a mirror in her compact. Mirrors are very useful. Or just feel
around.

Also if it is jambed there is hex shaped socket in the bottom which
accepts an Allen wrench or the special insinkerator wrench. Turn it
back and forth until it turns freely.

(My mother gave me a stack of about 6 mirrors that came with purses
she bought over the years. I've been using them for 40 years and
haven't broken one yet. At this rate they'll last me 240 years, at
least.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Yep, we pressed the little red reset button and it works fine again.
Glad that's all it was. Thanks, everyone for responding.