Posted to alt.home.repair
spudnuty

Default Garbage disposal stuck

Tony Hwang wrote:
tenplay wrote:

Our kitchen sink has a garbage disposal that is stuck or not working. It
is an InSinkErator Badger 5 model. My wife says that a service rep who
came out the last time it malfunctioned said that all he had to do was
press a reset button. But I cannot locate it. Can anyone instruct me?
Thanks.

Hmmm.
Ever read a manual for it? When it's not popped, harder to feel but it's
underneath. Use a mirror with flash light. And find and keep that hand
crank hex key to use it when jammed.
Tony

How old? Just had a clients InSinkErator 333 Pro (pro model of the 444)
go bad. It was humming and I thought good easy fix. Got the hex tool
from the lady (she had no idea what it was for but kept everything). It
turned freely however. I opened up the electrical input plate and it
was full of water. So was the motor housing. She called InSinkErator
and was told her warranty was a year past, 4 years I think. I Googled
that model, esp places like Epinions. Then emailed their customer
service including a known history of this leaking, how the dripping
water had ruined her cabinet, how dangerous this was in the electrics
etc. They responded the next day and promptly sent out a brand new unit
with apologies. Uhh same model unfortunately but it was free.
Richard