Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default 5 amp fuse in Carrier heat pump blows

On 15 Feb 2006 19:43:11 -0800, "brobinson48"
wrote:

I had to replace my circuit board due to it being fried. I determined
the reason it got fried was due to it having a 10 amp fuse installed
instead of a 5 amp. I labeled all the wires as I removed them from the
board just to make sure not to get the crossed in the reinstalling. Now
the 5amp fuse on the ICB in the air handler blows as soon as I apply
power. I have tried to ring the wires but I really do not know which
wires should ring to each other or if none should ring together at all.

Ring?

Any one have any advice?

Maybe you should put in a 10 amp fuse?**

Seriously, what size fuse did it come with?

How did you determine 10 was too much?

When the board failed, did the 10 blow at all?

**Or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.