Posted to sci.electronics.repair
frischmoutt

Default Solving high pitch noise from dimmer.

This is correct. Long filament bulbs can make noise. But it is more sensible
to about 70% of the light level.

"Andy Cuffe" a écrit dans le message news:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:26:16 GMT, "Sam Nickaby" wrote:

I'd been having a hard time sleeping because the dimmer I use on a
lamp for a night light whistles or makes a very high pitch, continuous
noise like a Cicada. I then move the dimmer to another location but
the sound is still there. When I face the wall during sleep the sound

gets
louder. I have tinnitus so it's very hard to distinguish the two sounds
until I sleep with ear muffs. I will get rid of this problem but I

haven't
found a solution since I lack sleep and not in my right mind. What are
some repair solution or products I can use to dim night lights?

Thanks

Are you sure it's not the light bulbs that are making the noise, not
the dimmer? I've noticed that certain bulbs will make a noise when
dimmed, but others are completely silent. Try a different brand of
bulbs.

Andy Cuffe