Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol

Default Water Softeners

Andy Hall wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:34:31 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:

|Compared to the amount of salt adding during cooking, it is nothing.

We gave up cooking with salt years ago, except home made bread.

|You are required to have a hard water tap in the kitchen, though.

Not in my area, the soft water comes straight off the peat moors ;o)

I wouldn't be too smug. ;-)

Some surveys show people living in soft water areas are more prone to
heart trouble than in hard water ones.

That's Glasgow, the land of deep fried pizzas and Mars bars and
excessive smoking.

Even so, naturally soft water isn't higher in sodium.....

IME, the deep fried pizzas were better. However, it was the peat
content coming out of the tap which gave the water real body and a
unique taste.

Regards
Capitol