Posted to rec.woodworking
none

Default Pencil erasures and spray adhesive removal

"Ken Nuzum" wrote in message
Can someone give me a clue of what to use to remove pencil marks and spray
adhesive from baltic birch? I am scrollsawing some pieces and need to
remove both prior to finishing. The pieces are too delicate to sand.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Use some lacquer thinner (or equivalent) to remove the pencil marks and
avoid using a standard hard-rubber eraser. If you must use an eraser then
get one of the soft gummy erasers as used in artwork so you do not
essentially sand the area with the eraser. Only use the eraser in the
direction of the grain if needed. There are several solvents that will
remove pencil marks and have names I can't recall at the moment but they all
work as lacquer thinners too. Look at the cans in the borg and read the
safety precautions for using the stuff - some are very potent.

Bob S.