Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Solving high pitch noise from dimmer.

Try another make of dimmer. Sometimes, some models may make some noise from
their switching effect. The lamp can sometimes also produce noise.

The other solution is to get one of these small plug-in night lamps. They
are dim, and don't require any wall dimmer for them.

--

JANA
_____

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
. com...
I'd been having a hard time sleeping because the dimmer I use on a
lamp for a night light whistles or makes a very high pitch, continuous
noise like a Cicada. I then move the dimmer to another location but
the sound is still there. When I face the wall during sleep the sound gets
louder. I have tinnitus so it's very hard to distinguish the two sounds
until I sleep with ear muffs. I will get rid of this problem but I haven't
found a solution since I lack sleep and not in my right mind. What are
some repair solution or products I can use to dim night lights?

Thanks