Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electric Shock ?

default ha escrito:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:40:15 GMT, "Mr Fixit"
wrote:

default wrote in message
news
On 13 Feb 2006 12:31:54 -0800, wrote:

I comfirm that is a two pin power core.

Describe the plug end and machine end. Are the pins in the plug

in the UK we have two pin figure of 8 connectors like this
http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/Produ...?ProductID=475
its a two core cable no earth and not keyed so you can plug it in both ways
and quite happily plug live to neutral and visa versa

From your link:

"Description Generic Main lead - UK to Figure 8
Mains lead with UK style 3 pin plug, terminated with Figure 8 style
moulded connector."

Says three pin plug.

We (US) had some plugs shipped over here that were supposed to be for
the UK at a place I worked. They were large round molded bodies with
two smooth polished round pins and the pins had insulating sleeves
near the plug body. They had three wires blue, brown, green/yellow
and an IEC connector at one end.

There was a third flat metal piece on the plug that had a round hole
that went through the plug body.

what you are describing is a schucko plug TYPE F used in Europe NOT the
Uk .
uk plug has 3 flat pins in triangle formation, TYPE G. top one (earth)
slighly longer to enable spring-loaded shielding in the socket to move
downwards revealing the live /neutral only when a plug inserted.. see:

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandar...city.htm#plugs

-B.