Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Joining Worktops

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:10:31 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:06:42 +0000 Grunff wrote :
Is it just me, or does it seem like this decade will be remembered
as the decade when we lost the freedom to do many things without
permission?

It's an ongoing process. Decade on decade new controls are introduced
but almost never rescinded. Part of it is a desire to control, part of
it is that virtually every regulation is there for good reason, though
as with Part P a critical analysis may show that the cost/benefit case
is totally unsustainable. The politician's fear is that if they remove
a control one week and something related happens the next week the
Daily Mail will tear them to pieces for doing so. I mean Jenny Tonge
MP's daughter wouldn't have been electrocuted if we'd had Part P would
she?

Definitely not, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

--

..andy