Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Joining Worktops

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:24:21 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Chris Cowley wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:06:42 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Is it just me, or does it seem like this decade will be remembered as
the decade when we lost the freedom to do many things without permission?

No, it's not just you. There seems to be a strange obsession amongst
many people with trying to attain the utterly impossible goal of zero
risk in all things.

It will have to get worse before it gets better, I fear. I just hope I
am still around to witness the "gets better" part.

"More people injure themselves every year using
claw-hammers than are injured by faulty electrical
installations. Therefore I propose that the use of
claw-hammers should be tightly regulated to minimise
the risks to the public of damaging their thumbs."

According to a report I heard on local radio today, more people now get
hurt by laminate floors than by chip pans.

So hopefully, at least that will mean laminate floors get banned soon...

Good thing.

--

..andy