Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Daniel A. Mitchell

Default Baldor Pedestal Grinder

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
"Cliff" wrote in message

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:51:18 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Also, the Delta had a "peg" thru each wheel guard, which appears to be a
brake, altho I initially thought it was a shaft-lock.

It might still be one. IIRC Holding the shaft locked while changing
wheels ....

Maybe.
But the shaft-locks in my un-vast experience have been "real" locks, ie, a
pin thru a hole in the shaft, or the equivalent--not pure friction.
But a nice, uh, touch.
These grinders don't nut the wheels on a shaft, the wheels are screwed
to what appears to be a heavy integral flange, w/ 4 fair-sized screws.
Nice.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

--
Cliff

True, but the flanges themselves are held on with a large nut, much like
the normal wheels are held.

Dan Mitchell