Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell

Default Joining Worktops

"Chris Cowley" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:05:41 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:39:11 +0000, Chris Cowley
wrote:

I also have one of those curved 90deg metal joining strips, but they
look a bit pants if you ask me. I'd prefer a proper join.

That's understating it. They're crap - and that's being kind.

I concur completely. I ordered it with the worktops as a special "get
out of jail free" option, but I don't think I could bring myself to
actually use it. SWMBO would probably tear me a new orifice, too.

Are you going to tile the sides of the chimney breast?

If so, you can get away with a few mm of out-of-square with the
cutting of the worktop.

I will be tiling the sides of the of the chimney breast (perpendicular
to the wall) but not the front face. I think I could manage to do a fine
job of this part to be honest, but if I'm going to get a member of the
worktopisti in to do the join, then I will probably leave it for him to
do. Not very in-keeping with the DIY ethos, I know, but sometimes you
just have to know when to step back, I think!

Don't know where in the country you live but this guy has a good reputation
and posts here occasionally.
http://www.kitchenman.co.uk/

I've never personally used him