Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Default Cutting Crown molding with 135 degree angle wall

Jim Conway wrote:
Ken,
It looks like a great tool, but I'm a bit confused by the values
calculated.

For wall and spring of 90 degrees each and for moulding applications
using butts meeting coped edges, isn't a miter and bevel somewhere
around 32-33 degrees each?

This calcutor might be good if you're to miter your moulding for each
corner, but because walls are rarely square and coping is more
preferable in those instances, how can I apply this calculator for
projects to be coped?

TIA!!

For coping, you could still use the calculator. First cut the piece
that will be butted, then use the calculator to miter the other piece,
then cope it as usual. Of course make sure that you cope at an angle
that will work with whatever wall angle you have.

Ken