Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default 100A 3 pole, 2 way switch

Ian_m wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:25:13 +0000 (UTC), Chris Styles wrote:

My brother is fitting a generator to his house (very rural), and needs
to source a 100A 250VAC 3 pole changeover switch...

You mean something like this:

http://www.justgenerators.co.uk/pages/powertransfer.htm

You don't actually need to switch the whole house electrics of course. A
friend in New Forest with intermittant electric supply had a generator
fitted that supplied just the boiler, fridge/freezer, kitchen lights and
single socket for TV/Sky box. Uses a tiny Honda generator.

I'm planning - at some time in the near future to do a slightly similar
thing.
UPS connected to small CU near the main CU, plugged into a socket.
With assorted 1, 0.5A MCBs.

Ring, with 1,2A round-pin sockets, for small loads (TV, ...)
Another, with 10A sockets, for freezers/...
On extended power cuts, unplug UPS from mains socket, plug UPS into
generator socket, and throw the changeover switch to activate the
freezer circuit.