Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default Joining Worktops

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:48:10 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Advantage is that you will have a nice router for other jobs.

- Rent the above

- Get somebody to do the job and return the jig for a refund.

Personally, I would and did buy the router.

Thanks, I will compare the cost of hiring one against the
cost/availability of getting someone in but there's no point in me
shelling out 160 quid for a 1/2" router as I would probably never use it
again. I've used my 1/4" one about twice in the last 3 or 4 years (to
make some rather spiffy-looking cupboards) and it is man enough for any
of the routing jobs I'm ever likely to tackle other than worktops. And
I'm not planning on installing another kitchen for at least 10 more
years!

--
Chris Cowley