Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default Joining Worktops

I've never joined a kitchen worktop before. My nice shiny new worktop
router jig arrived the other day and the box says that a 1600W router
should be used.

Would I be a complete spaz to try cutting it with my cheap 900W 1/4"
router from Wickes then? I hadn't really factored-in buying a big router
as I hardly ever use the thing, so unless my 900W is likely to do a
reasonable job, I may just have to give up on the jig idea and try to
get someone in who knows what they're doing.

My 900W beastie has been fine for cutting decoritive effects into MDF,
and I assumed a big lump of chipboard wouldn't present it with any
problems.
--
Chris Cowley