Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Baldor Pedestal Grinder

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:51:18 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
roups.com...
Thanks for the comparison report Gunner.

I have been waiting for someone to do a side by side comparison.

From what you can tell, would you say that the various parts are

interchangeable on the two grinders? I ask because I have a Baldor
carbide grinder that is missing a table and the pans.

I got a guy who has these baldor grinders, and might have extras, or might
can get them. Innerested?

I could use a water cup. I gave mine away IRRC.

Gunner

I wound up not taking either baldor, but a Delta instead, for a few reasons.
The Baldor that I liked least in fact had the longest spinning time, the
Delta the shortest. Man, one baldor would go for 5 minutes! You couldn't
even tell if you turned the power off or not!

But, the Delta seemed a little smoother vibration-wise--altho now in
retrospect I realize that could just be wheel imbalance in the baldors. The
Delta was beefier/heavier, seemed better buiilt (nicer table locking, I
thought), also a 3 ph motor, which I prefer (simpler, easier to rewind, I
was told). Both 1 ph Baldors were also reversible.
Also, the Delta had a "peg" thru each wheel guard, which appears to be a
brake, altho I initially thought it was a shaft-lock.

- Proverbs 22:3