Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default

Default Electric Shock ?

On 13 Feb 2006 12:31:54 -0800, wrote:

I comfirm that is a two pin power core.

Describe the plug end and machine end. Are the pins in the plug
round or flat? Is there any other thing (like small piece of metal on
the plug with a hole in it) on the plug end?

Does the machine end have an IEC connector? Machine end would be a
recessed, keyed (only goes in one way) male on the machine female on
the cord.

What has me baffled is that the whole purpose of a filter with caps or
resistors in it (the part causing the shocks) is to filter noise to
ground. Most filter line-to-line and each line-to-ground.

Now without providing a ground . . . how's the noise supposed to drain
to ground? Presumably they could count on the TV or Stereo to do it
but that's not in any safety specification I've seen.