Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default Corian fabrication

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:27:36 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

In article ,
Frank Boettcher wrote:

Dupont sells, directly to the public, Imron catalyzed polyurethane, a
much more dangerous to the user substance, and they don't seem to
worry about the legal implications with that.

You make an excellent point. Why DO they sell Imron and its associated
hardeners to the public? That **** will kill you.
Corian adhesive is relatively harmless in comparison.

Don't know. I know some auto body guys who won't even shoot it. I've
used it a couple of times, once for a boat and once for a truck,
however I always used a proper NIOSH respirator and the boat was done
outdoors. But it is bad stuff if you're not careful.

You just have to hope the body shop supply guys are telling people
what they are buying.

Frank