Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default Mirror fixing

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Martin Robiette wrote:

I still want it to be removable, but is there any reason why I can't
just bond some metal clips on the back of it and hang it on a couple
of screws? Is it going to damage the backing, will it be
strong/durable enough? I was thinking of Araldite, would that be OK?
Also found this option, but I'd rather not have to mess around
ordering if it's not essential:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...2317&ts=56753#

Just bear in mind that mirrors are (1) heavy and (2) break into nasty sharp
shards.

I think the screwfix adhesive is meant to be used in beads spread all over
the back of the mirror. How about glueing it to a piece of ply or MDF and
screwing clips onto that?

I'd agree; I think you need to spread the load more if you're glueing it.

As you're dead set on having invisible fixing, can one ask why you are
so against having it fixed permanently? It wouuld look much better that
way anyway as the mirror would be flush on the wall rather than sitting
proud and/or maybe tilted where it hangs? Most people have a mirror in
the bathroom, and it's not going to be so expensive that you can't
afford to leave it behind when you move...

David