Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pogo

Default metal cutoff saw blade is slightly canted - can adjust it ?

A much better solution for 80/20 is a miter saw with a non-ferrous
carbide blade. Abrasive cut-off saw blades are not so good with
aluminum, as they load up easily, which can also be dangerous. We do
tons of 80/20 in a year, and the miter saw is the way to go.
Ours is a Rigid brand (home despot), $299 with a laser line, stand, table
extension and a quick-adjust clamp.

This is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you very much!

Do you have a favorite brand for the blade ? Do you mount it in the normal
direction ? ( Someone suggesting using a plywood veneer blade mounted
backwards one time ... )

better idiots.

I think this may apply to me ! :-)

Thanks again! Very helpful!