Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Robiette

Default Mirror fixing

I'm currently looking at bathroom mirrors, and I like the idea of just a
plain frameless one (about 600x400mm). However I don't like the fixing
methods of the ones I've looked at so far - on offer seems to be either
drilled holes which you put screws through with chrome caps, or
plastic/metal clips, neither of which I'm keen on the appearance.

I still want it to be removable, but is there any reason why I can't
just bond some metal clips on the back of it and hang it on a couple of
screws? Is it going to damage the backing, will it be strong/durable
enough? I was thinking of Araldite, would that be OK? Also found this
option, but I'd rather not have to mess around ordering if it's not
essential:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...2317&ts=56753#

Any advice/experience gratefully received

Cheers,
Martin