Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Cutting Crown molding with 135 degree angle wall

Steven wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to butt a piece of Crown molding up against the wall at a
135 degree (inside) corner.

I am using the 'lay the molding flat and look up the tables' approach
to figure out where to cut. The moulding is rather large so I can't
stand it up and just slice 135 degrees.

Any suggestions as to what miter/bevel angles will give me a 135 degree
angle?
Is is even possible?

Thanks

why not search the internet for crown molding. There are techniques
that involve carving out the mold shape that are simpler than precisely
matching the angle. Otherwise, there is a small hand device you can buy
that is used to precisely match angles and transfer them to your work.

Do you have a miter box or power saw or what?

--
Thank you,