Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default

Default Electric Shock ?

On 13 Feb 2006 00:51:10 -0800, wrote:

Thanks members for the early responed, and my further finding for
member's questions is:
(1) The DVD player's input voltage is 240 V AC.
(2)When reverse the plug in the socket will reduce to 60 volts AC
leakage

That would bother me the RFI caps on switching supplies should divide
the voltage equally since they tend to be identical to the "ground"
chassis connection.

(3) When I measure a cross with 1 K resistor the leakage voltage become
zero volt.

That's good.

(4)When measure between the earth and the metal panel is 0.04 in ma
range but 137 in ua range. unknow why resultant is different. ?

That's not what I'd expect, but this isn't a hard connection. You
seem to be measuring the voltage through a capacitor and/or resistor
in the RFI filter.

(5) When measure between the earth and the power input ( two pin )
there isn't any ohm.

Shouldn't be, but the type of tester you should be using is called a
hi pot or high potential tester and that would tell you if it is safe
or insulation breaks down with high applied voltage - the typical ohm
meter may not be the best tool to check ohms or safety.

(6) It is not a Single shock
Regards

I'm guessing you have an IEC power cord? Thingee that is designed for
three wires? And you've gone and cut the ground off?

You are probably "safe," at the moment at least. It may be safe
indefinitely. Safety devices are to protect you when things go wrong.

If it were me I'd ground it and wouldn't be using it without a ground.
If I couldn't ground it (in an apartment with no access to a ground,
for instance) I'd take care that the parts I touched were insulated.