Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil-in-MI

Default Corian fabrication

Frank:

IIRC, it is not the Corian, it is the glue / joint sealer sold by DuPont to
join up two half's that is the problem.
Nasty stuff and easy to mess up. Lots of potential for law suits for leaky
counter tops. Deep pockets and all that compared to Counter top installer's
pockets.

I have seen Corian, well actually not DuPont Product so I should say Nairoc,
solid counter top 60 inches long in a big box home center. Install your
self, but at $25.00 per sq foot, so it was $$$$.

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:05:01 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

The breakthrough in solid surface I'm looking for is to be able to buy
it in countertop sizes for DIY use without having to go through the
liscencing process.

I'm not trying to bootleg contract jobs and make the manufacturer
assume warranty for any lousy work I might do, I just would like to
make my own countertops. I'm willing to take responsibility and hold
the manufacturer harmless for any mistakes I make on my own tops.

I wonder when that will come.

Frank