Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Moore

Default Risks

What I remember about cyclamates was the dose. A rat had a 1-3% (as I
remember) increase of getting cancer when given the equivalent dosage of a
human drinking 20 GALLONS of pre-sweetened Kool-Aid a day. To my thinking,
cancer would not be the first concern one would have. There were rumors, at
the time, of tainted studies because the sugar importers/distributors were
upset. I was really upset when I could no longer get diet drinks using
cyclamates. "Equal" is and was not equal to the flavor of the others, as
far as I'm concerned.
Recently, saccharin was determined to be harmless as a sugar substitute.
Aspertame, however has many adverse side effects linked with it. Amazes me
it is still available.
Ron
"Cliff" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:14:49 -0600, "Ron Moore"
wrote:

So what diet soda, besides fountain diet coke, uses saccharin??? I
thought
all were aspartame.

Saccharin is thought to cause cancer?
Remember Fizzies? They contained cyclamates which
were banned.
--
Cliff