Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM

Default Cheap ESR Meter

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

(say,if you ever get to Orlando,Florida,check out Skycraft
Surplus;it's a hobbyists wet dream.Oh,the Disney/Universal/SeaWorld
attractions are fun,too.)

Jim, can you mail me direct with the location of that place. I go over
there at least once a year, and I'm getting fed up of Disney now ...

Arfa

Skycraft's on Fairbanks Ave.about 500 feet east from I-4.(in Winter Park)
Coming from I-4,get off at Fairbanks Ave.

You can't miss it,it's got a red rocket bolted to the building.

--
Jim Yanik

Hi Jim,
Yep, I was at Skycraft yesterday!!!! Just after a 4-hour visit to the
Orlando hamfest, which I never miss. Skycraft is probably the best source
for bits & pieces of parts and hardware in the southeastern USA. Although I
live about 150 miles away, I visit a few times each year. Rarely leave
without spending a bundle too. AstroToo in Melbourne is good too, but since
I don't have any other business in Melbourne, I rarely get to visit them.
AstroToo doesn't seem to have the really useful common parts that Skycraft
has.

The hamfest is gradually getting smaller, but it's still a great event.
Lots of test equipment this year, and I had to make 3 trips to the car to
unload. Was a profitable trip for me in terms of money saved. Funny how
test equipment seems to run in cycles at the hamfest.... some years, there
may only be 5 or 6 vendors with a decent supply of test equipment, then
other years the grounds are overrun with test equipment vendors. I love it
either way...

Cheers!!!!
-------
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in
the address)