Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default hot wrench

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:40:18 -0800, Eric R Snow
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:25:10 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I had to take apart a flimsy old cast iron camp stove today. Fifty year old
steel screws/nuts holding the cast iron top onto flimsy sheet metal. I tried
half-heartedly to unscrew them, but I knew they wouldn't budge. I would have dug
out the air chisel but I wanted to save the cast iron top to use to hold up my
lead pot over a Mike Porter burner. So I dug out the O/A torch and flushed off
the 12 offending screws in a jiffy. Knocked off a little slag and the top is
ready for the bead blaster.

I love oxy/fuel torches sometimes.

GWE

Another name for a cutting torch is "gas wrench". If someone hears
that one for the first time they know exactly what it is.
ERS

Fire Axe

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3