Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Corian fabrication

In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

I just received some samples of Corian (1/2" thick) and was wondering about
cutting the stuff.

I see some circular blades that are suggested and it looks like carbide
router bits will do the job as well for edge finishing etc. (I have a
Systimatic triple chip plastics blade....any good for it?)

Use a 40 (or more) toothed TCG with a 5 degree negative hook and lots of
horsepower. Control your feedrate and do not stop the feed during a rip.
Elevate the blade so that the three highest teeth protrude above the
material.

What are personal experiences with this material?

Extensive. I got into this game when there were only 4 colours. (Four)

Blade life? Blade recommendations? Easy/difficult?

I use Royce-Ayr. (http://www.royceayr.com/Home.shtml)

The Pinske Edge (http://www.pinske-edge.com) will sell you some great
blades as well. Theirs has a 20-degree hook TCG and some guys love it.

Will the edges finish in a jointer?

HSS edges will dull IOFOAH. Carbide only, please.

Do you wet sand?

Never

Thanks for any Corian tips.

You're welcome.